The Missions and Social Justice team invites our congregation to join them to help prep and serve lunch from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. Saturday, Sept. 22, at Poverello House. Children ages 7 and up are welcome to help.
The team hopes to make this a quarterly event. Contact Felicia Rocha for additional information.
Sunday, June 10
On Sunday, June 10, we will hold our annual Congregational Meeting following worship. At this meeting, we will consider and vote on our annual budget, bylaws revisions and elect Council officers and committee members.
Our committees are looking for your gifts! Each of our committees/teams carry out the mission of the church through their fine work. They provide a way for each of us to share our gifts — our time and talents — in the life of the church for as little or as much time as we can give!
Following is a brief description of some of the work of each committee. Please prayerfully consider where you might serve. You are welcome to volunteer for a committee at the annual meeting.
- Participate in worship planning and decorating the worship space
- Assist in sacraments, such as communion, and other rites of the church
Elders (Extravagant Welcome Team):
- Welcome newcomers and greet church attendees on Sunday mornings
- Provide orientation to prospective members
- Reach out to members who are in need of care
- Raise money for the operation of the church through fundraising events and the annual stewardship drive
- Prepare the church budget for congregational approval
- Care for the buildings and grounds of the church
- Provide educational programs for all ages
- Provide youth ministries
- Assist in confirmation education
- Arrange fellowship hours following worship
- Work with other teams in providing social occasions and special seasonal events
Missions and Social Justice:
- Facilitate congregational involvement of mission and social justice concerns
- Lead special moment in worship to educate the congregation and request special offerings to support missions and provide service opportunities
Charitable Gifts and Endowments:
- Solicit and accept memorials, donations, endowments and bequests into the funds of the church.
- Manage the funds within the framework of the church’s tax exempt status