This Sunday, May 20, will be a special day for CUCC. It is Confirmation Sunday where the young folks who have completed nine months of classes and participated in service activities will tell their stories during worship.
Following worship, there will be a Team Fair. There will be tables with representatives from the committees who will tell you about the wonderful service opportunities that are available.
Each of our committees/teams carry out the mission of the church through their fine work. They provide a way for each of us to share our gifts … our time and talents … in the life of the church for as little or as much time as we can give!
Following is a brief description of some of the work of each committee. Please take some time to visit the tables and prayerfully consider where you might serve.
- Participate in worship planning and decorating the worship space
- Assist in sacraments, such as communion, and other rites of the church
Elders (Extravagant Welcome Team):
- Welcome newcomers and greet church attendees on Sunday mornings
- Provide orientation to prospective members
- Reach out to members who are in need of care
- Raise money for the operation of the church through fundraising events and the annual stewardship drive
- Prepare the church budget for congregational approval
- Care for the buildings and grounds of the church
- Provide educational programs for all ages
- Provide youth ministries
- Assist in confirmation education
- Arrange fellowship hours following worship
- Work with other teams in providing social occasions and special seasonal events
Missions and Social Justice:
- Facilitate congregational involvement of mission and social justice concerns
- Lead special moment in worship to educate the congregation and request special offerings to support missions and provide service opportunities
- Serve as a support group for the pastors and their families
- Facilitate communication between the pastors and the congregation to ensure positive and healthy relationships
Charitable Gifts and Endowments:
- Solicit and accept memorials, donations, endowments and bequests into the funds of the church.
- Manage the funds within the framework of the church’s tax exempt status
- Ensure that staff are hired and evaluated
- Hear personnel matters involving staff at the request of the pastors
- Mediate conflicts or misunderstandings between the staff and pastors
- Discharge employees if needed in consultation with the appropriate supervisors
Saturday, Feb. 24
Dinner starts at 5:30 p.m.
BINGO at 6:30 p.m.
Yes, that’s right BINGO NIGHT. You will hear the echo in Hayden Hall of “B- 49…I…34…” Don’t miss out! Enjoy a fun night with the family.
We have a special Family Rate of $25, which includes BINGO games, soup, bread, dessert, drinks and prizes. All proceeds go to Community UCC.
Our Youth Groups are working to put on this fun activity for our CUCC congregation.
- Family Rate: $25
- Adults (ages 12 and up) $10 per person
- Children (between ages 5-11) $5
- Children 5 years and under FREE
Buy your tickets after service on Feb. 18.
Ongoing Confirmation Classes:
- Feb. 18 – NO CLASS (Attend the Experiential Worship Service)
- Feb. 25 – Mystery with Vicky Wall
- *March 3 – HUMAN SEXUALITY AND ETHICAL DECISION-MAKING, 9AM-12PM with EJ and Nancy Pressley (bring a baby picture and water bottle; breakfast and snacks will be provided)
- March 4 – NO CLASS (Attend worship)
- March 11 – Statement of Faith and Witness and Service with Sue Hipp
- March 18 – Incarnation with Nancy Pressley
- March 23-25 – WORK SERVICE TRIP TO SANTA CRUZ (see attached forms and information)
- March 25 – No class (work service trip)
- April 1 – No class (Attend Easter Service)
- April 8 – Compassion with Sue Hipp
- April 15 – Politics with Nancy Pressley
- April 22 – Passion (Paul) with Vicky Wall
- April 29 – Resurrection with Robin
- May 1 – No Class (attend worship)
- May 13 – No Class (meet with Robin with your Statements of Faith)
- May 20 – CONFIRMATION SUNDAY (ALL ATTEND)
*All permission slips have already been signed. This is a very important class on the journey of Confirmation so please make every effort to attend. If you are not able to attend this class, please text Robin at 559.960.2452 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Kick-Off Sunday is when Community UCC members come together to welcome new members, commission our Sunday School teachers, bless our confirmands and break bread together following worship. It was great to see our Sanctuary so full today for this vibrant day in the life of our church!
Pastor Chris and Robin commission our Sunday school teachers.
Several new members joined our congregation during today’s worship service.
Pastor Chris and our congregation gave blessing on the journey of our confirmands, their mentors and parents.
The choir provided joyful song, singing “Let There be Love.”
The Youth Group will have a swim party on Sunday, June 25, after worship service. It will be at the home of Patty Parks. Additional information is available by calling Bonita at 559.977.0668.