- We have raised $204,640.00 in pledges. Thank you joyful givers!
- We have reached 102% of pledged dollarsneeded to carry out the wonderful worship services and attain our church maintenance mission.
- We still have many financial challenges ahead with projected maintenance of our air conditioning units and other expenses. But we also have plans in the works to increase the renting of our facilities and many more fundraising activities.
- Let us not forget to thank God for the graces bestowed upon us during this time of hope.
Charitable Gifts Committee wishes to announce that scholarships are available from endowments established to help students continue their education beyond high school.
The 2017 Pitman and Tidyman Scholarship applications are available at the church office.
The Pitman Scholarship is a $566 gift for seminary, re-entry or graduate students.
The Tidyman Scholarship is a $372 gift for any educational pursuit of a student.
Deadlines to apply for both for the 2017 year is June 30.
Council is seeking input from the congregation on the possibility of changing our Sunday worship time from 10:30 a.m. to 10 a.m.
- Easier time for visitors to remember
- More time for fellowship
- Meetings could happen before or after worship
- Church signs have to be changed
- Some people need extra time to get to church
We want your input. Please fill out a yellow comment card and leave it in the red comment box in the Narthex. The survey of our congregation will continue through the month of August before any decision is reached.
E.J. Hinojosa, our music director, is pleased to announce the Fresno Composer Showcase. This concert event will feature choral music written by four of Fresno’s many talented local composers, performed by local choral artists.
The four composers featured on this program are Kevin Memley, Matthew Wheeler, Maxton Vieira and E.J. Hinojosa. The concert will be held in the sanctuary of Community UCC at 7:30 p.m. July 15.
A $5 admission fee is payable at the door. Join us for an evening of good music and good company!
The Youth Group will have a swim party on Sunday, June 25, after worship service. It will be at the home of Patty Parks. Additional information is available by calling Bonita at 559.977.0668.
Depression is real. About one in six Americans take some kind of antidepressant in the United States. This is equal to 242 million people in America.
“I see it in my own family, and if I am going to be perfectly honest, I deal with it in myself,” writes Bryan T. Clark, in his latest blog post. Read more here.
Vacation Bible School 2017 – “Caring for Others”
9 a.m.-noon July 10-14
The focus of this year’s VBS is Caring for Others. One of our projects is to prepare food jars for the residents of Dakota EcoGarden.
We need donations of the following items:
- Split peas
- Rolled oats
- Dried fruit (raisins, dried cranberries, etc)
Dakota EcoGarden founder Nancy Waidtlow will speak to our kids on Monday, July 10, and we will send her off with jars of love filled by our VBS kids.
Please bring donations to the church by July 5. Thank you for your help.
Vacation Bible School is free for children ages 4 years through 6th grade. You may register your child for Vacation Bible School by calling the church office at 435-2690.